Even if you don’t like asparagus, you should try this. I’ve never been a huge fan of asparagus, but when I stumbled on a grilled asparagus recipe and tried it, I was surprised. The browning plus a hint of blackening on the edges, while maintaining crispness in the center made me realize what I’d been missing for so many years. I’ve since modified the recipe for my toaster oven and changed things up a bit. I love it and I hope you do, too!
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil (I love my EVOO spray bottle for stuff like this)
- 2 tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (I use my toaster oven).
- Place the asparagus spears into a large mixing bowl, then drizzle (or spray) with the olive oil. Toss to coat, then sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Lightly toss one more time.
- Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes (time depends on thickness of asparagus).