You guys. You gotta make this creamy macaroni and cheese recipe. Seriously. This is the easiest, creamiest, most satisfying mac and cheese I’ve ever made.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 0.25 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.25 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.75 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in flour and whisk for about 1 minute, until thickened and bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in water, milk, and spices. Continue whisking until it starts to boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta reaches desired tenderness. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes (I like mine a little overdone in this case). Note: if it starts looking a little dry, cover while simmering or add milk.
- Turn off heat. Stir cheese into macaroni mixture until fully melted. This is about the time you should be getting really excited.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with more smoked paprika.